How to Make Gumpaste Calla Lily
Keen to learn how to make gumpaste calla lily for cake decoration? This page will teach you how to make the flowers with step by step instructions and pictures.
1. The main things needed are:
2. Take a little yellow gumpaste and shape it into a teardrop. This is the flower centre.
3. Press and roll it gently on a flour sieve to imprint criss cross patterns on it.
4. Dip the looped end into some edible glue or egg white and insert it into the flower centre. Pinch the bottom of the flower centre to secure it well to the floral wire. Leave aside to dry.
5. Next, roll some white gumpaste into a thin sheet. Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out the calla lily petal. Roll your flower veiner lightly on the petal.
6. Lift the petal with the pointed side of the heart shape pointing upwards. Brush the rounded sides of the petal with some edible glue or egg white and wrap the petal around the flower centre, as shown, with the petal sides overlapping slightly on each end.
7. Shape the bottom of the flower as shown, and the calla lily flower is complete. Leave the flower aside to dry before using it.
From Gumpaste Calla Lily - Back to Cake Decorating Tutorials
Back to Homepage