How to Make Gumpaste Daisy
Keen to learn how to make gumpaste daisy flowers for cake decoration? This page will teach you how to make the flowers with step by step instructions and pictures.
1. The main things needed are:
- White and yellow gumpaste
2. Roll out the white gumpaste into a thin sheet.
3. Cut out the daisy using the daisy cutter. Roll out the petals to give them a more elongated and natural look.
4. Using a toothpick, mark 2 lines on each petal as shown. Leave the flower aside.
5. Next, take a small piece of yellow gumpaste for the daisy centre. Shape it into a round ball.
6. Press the round ball on a flour sieve to obtain the criss cross pattern for the daisy centre.
7. Glue the centre to the flower with some edible glue or egg white and leave it to dry on a flower former.
From Gumpaste Daisy Flower - Back to Cake Decorating Tips
Back to Homepage