How to Make Gumpaste Dogwood Flower
Keen to learn how to make gumpaste dogwood flowers for cake decoration? This page will teach you how to make the flowers with step by step instructions and pictures.
1. The main things needed to make the dogwoods are:
2. Roll the white gumpaste into a thin sheet.
3. Cut out the flower using the flower cutter.
4. Place the cut flower on a rolling mat.
5. Using a flower veiner, imprint veins on all the 4 petals of the flower by rolling the veiner sideways on each petal.
6. Lift the flower and place it on a flower former. Using a toothpick, gently lift each petal to give them a natural curved look.
7. Brush the center of the flower with a little green petal dust and at the curved edges of the petals with brown or bronze petal dust. Leave the flower aside.
8. Next, using the green gumpaste, form tiny balls for the flower center.
9. Brush a little edible glue or egg white at the center of the flower and stick the green balls as shown. Leave the flower aside to dry.
10. This is how a completed dogwood flower will look like.
From Gumpaste Dogwood Flower - Back to Cake Decorating Tips
Back to Homepage