Manchester United Cake
"A very real looking Manchester United Cake!"
I made this cake for my brother’s 23rd birthday. He is a die hard MU Football fan and was smiling from cheek to cheek when I presented the cake to him. You too can make this cake for your friends or family members.
Things you need to decorate the cake:
- Butter icing in green and white
- Fondant for Man United logo
- Food coloring is red, yellow and black
Cake decorating tips:
Manchester United logo:
- Get hold of a picture or template of the Manchester United logo.
- Roll fondant to a thickness of about 1/6 inch. Cut out the Manchester United logo from the fondant. Using a toothpick, trace out the rest of the logo details onto the cut-out logo.
- Leave the logo aside to set. It is best to leave it to set for at least one day.
Assembling the cake:
- Once the logo is set, paint it with red and yellow food coloring. Outline the logo with black color.
- Prepare your cake and place it on a cake board. Using the green icing and a grass nozzle, pipe out green grass all over the top of the cake. You can even do the same for the sides of the cake. For the border, I used a slightly darker shade of green icing and piped one row of dark green grass all around the base of the cake.
- Next, using white icing, pipe the football field lines and place the goal posts in place.
- Finally, lift the Manchester United logo very gently and place in on the cake.
Have A Great Birthday Cake Idea?
Do you have a great birthday cake idea? Share it here and tell us how you made it!
Each submission must be of at least 300 words.
Tell us about:
- Your cake flavour
- Type of icing used
- Any special tools you used; and
- Step by step instructions for decorating the cake - as you would explain when someone asks you to teach them how you decorated the cake)
From Manchester United Cake - Back to Birthday Cake Ideas
Back to Homepage