Manchester United Cake
"A very real looking Manchester United Cake!"
I made this cake for my brother’s 23rd birthday. He is a die hard MU Football fan and was smiling from cheek to cheek when I presented the cake to him. You too can make this cake for your friends or family members.
Things you need to decorate the cake:
- Butter icing in green and white
- Fondant for Man United logo
- Food coloring is red, yellow and black
Cake decorating tips:
Manchester United logo:
- Get hold of a picture or template of the Manchester United logo.
- Roll fondant to a thickness of about 1/6 inch. Cut out the Manchester United logo from the fondant. Using a toothpick, trace out the rest of the logo details onto the cut-out logo.
- Leave the logo aside to set. It is best to leave it to set for at least one day.
Assembling the cake:
- Once the logo is set, paint it with red and yellow food coloring. Outline the logo with black color.
- Prepare your cake and place it on a cake board. Using the green icing and a grass nozzle, pipe out green grass all over the top of the cake. You can even do the same for the sides of the cake. For the border, I used a slightly darker shade of green icing and piped one row of dark green grass all around the base of the cake.
- Next, using white icing, pipe the football field lines and place the goal posts in place.
- Finally, lift the Manchester United logo very gently and place in on the cake.
Have A Great Birthday Cake Idea?
Do you have a great birthday cake idea? Share it here and tell us how you made it!
Each submission must be of at least 300 words.
Tell us about:
- Your cake flavour
- Type of icing used
- Any special tools you used; and
- Step by step instructions for decorating the cake - as you would explain when someone asks you to teach them how you decorated the cake)
From Manchester United Cake - Back to Birthday Cake Ideas
Back to Homepage
Cake Decorating Forum
Post your cake decorating queries and receive help from other fellow cake decorators right here on this website. Click here to find out more..
Fancy writing your own webpage?
Publish your cake photos for free and let the whole world see your work of art.