Wedding Cake Pictures of Floral Wedding Cakes
”Great ideas for floral themed wedding cakes!”
Looking for wedding cake pictures with a floral theme? You have come to the right place. You will find on this page, some great pictures and ideas for decorating cakes with flowers.
There are many types of flowers that can be used as wedding cake flowers. The most commonly used wedding cake flowers are roses, lilies and daisies. Others include orchids, hisbiscus, sunflowers, hydrangea and many more.
The flowers used to decorate wedding cakes can be fresh ones, silk flowers or gumpaste flowers.
Fresh flower wedding cake
Fresh flowers make really beautiful and most elegant wedding cake decoration. They are in most instances, cheaper than gum paste flowers, provided the flowers that are to be used are commonly available.
Take these considerations into view if you plan to decorate a wedding cake with fresh flowers:
- Always place an order for your flowers in advance to avoid disappointments
- Fresh flowers do not last long. Therefore, put them last on cakes
- Make sure the flowers you intend to use are non-toxic.
- Always wash /clean flowers thoroughly before using them on cakes
- Do not poke the flowers directly onto cakes. Instead, use special flower spikes or flower holders that are available from cake decorating stores to hold your wedding cake flowers
Wedding cake silk flowers
- Keep fresh flowers away from direct sunlight and heat
Silk flowers are another cheaper alternative to gum paste flowers.
There are a whole lot of different types of flowers and colours that you can get with silk flowers. In fact, silk flowers work well as quick wedding cake decorations as all you need to do with silk flowers is to frost a wedding cake and arrange your flowers on it.
Gumpaste wedding cake flowers
These wedding cake flowers are made using a special dough-like paste known as gumpaste. Gumpaste is widely available is specialty cake decorating shops. There are special cutters for making gumpaste flowers.
Despite being a bit more on the costly side, gumpaste flowers are preferred by some as they can be kept as keepsakes for many years after the wedding.
Gumpaste flowers can be purchased in cake decorating shops. However, it is much cheaper for you to make your own.
Pictures of floral wedding cakes
(Click of each thumbnail to view larger pictures)
From Floral wedding cake pictures - Back to Wedding cakes
Back to Homepage